For any business looking for reliable, high bandwidth services, Ethernet has become the technology of choice. It can be used as a Point to Point service between sites, or for access into the Internet or an MPLS VPN. Ethernet provides cost effective access to dedicated, scalable, high bandwidth services with fast repair times.There are two main types; Ethernet over Fibre, for speeds of up to 1Gbps, and the more recently available Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM), which delivers Ethernet services using the copper pairs commonly used for traditional telephone services. By bonding multiple pairs together, EFM can deliver speeds up to 20Mbps.
Benefits of MDNX EFM
- Extensive UK coverage provided through multiple carriers
- Faster lead times compared to fibre
- In-built resilience with multiple copper pairs
- Ideal replacement for lower speed and often more expensive leased lines and SDSL
- Dedicated bandwidth perfect for critical data and real time applications such as VoIP
- Ideal back-up option for Ethernet over Fibre due to technology and network diversity